Top 5 reasons the size of the ring really matters:
It may seem superficial to some, but the size of that diamond or the type of ring really does matter. It can reveal a lot about your soon to be husband. If he gives you that rock of your dreams, here’s what it could say about him.
1. He didn’t jump the gun. Traditionally men spend about 6 months of their salary on an engagement ring. So, if it looks like he invested that amount of time or more, you know he gave it some thought.
2. He’s invested, so he invested in you. It should be an investment. This is something you will wear for the rest of your life (hopefully) and should be treated as such. So, he chose the best for you.
3. He knows this is a big deal. If it matters to you, it matters to him. It’s the ultimate gesture. He’s asking to be your husband. He knows the gravity of the situation.
4. It shows that he is financially stable and ready to become your husband. If you don’t have enough for a ring, what does that say about your wedding? House? Kids?
5. He paid attention. He knew what you expected (and deserved) he knows what you like or would like. This ring should be a reflection of your relationship.
Now, I’m not saying it needs to be a huge ring and a man needs to spend thousands of dollars, but it should be a reflection of who he is and where he is in his life. This is why there is no set dollar amount or karat size. It should be based on your individual salary, but that salary should reflect someone who can get married and afford all the things that come along with marriage. To be fair, I hope he gets a wedding band that he loves as well!